Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Sampler House Exchange on LEG

After a very long wait, my exchange finally made it's journey after crossing continents and oceans. In my previous post, I received from Laurence in Switzerland and I am sending to Sue McLaughlin in PA. This has been a great experience doing sampler house as I am partial to houses.....

As you can see below, I have finished it into a needlebook with 2 pages. Credit goes to Merry Cox as I used her finishing technique in doing up mine.


The front of the needlebook. The ribbon is ran under the stitched fabric and tied a bow at the end of the booklet.


The rear view. The stitching are then tacked to the plaid fabric which is similar to a fabric we called 'pelikat' used as a sarong for the men.


The inside view of the book. I included 2 stickpins to be used as fabric counter/marker.
Hope you liked it SuePA :)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so beautiful! You should be proud of yourself.

September 01, 2005 6:37 pm  
Blogger Leena Salleh said...

Hi Dawn
Thanks for dropping by and for you kind comments. I went to your blog and you have so many wonderful things too :)
Hugs
Leena

September 01, 2005 6:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As always, love your finishing. Kena belajar kat sifu ni!

September 01, 2005 10:36 pm  
Blogger BeckySC said...

Leena,
That is a gorgeous piece! WOW, I love it! Congratulations-it's stunning :)

September 16, 2005 9:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home