Thursday, September 22, 2005

Quaker Quarterly Exchange 7 (QQX7) - Theme: Beach and Sea










This is the front view This is the back view

This is my 6th participation (as I missed the premiere exchange themed: Valentines) in this exchange and the theme is beach and sea. We have agreed on sand colour and anything of blue and green to depicts the sea.

I have decided to make a pincushion for this round and put some embellishment for the finishing. This is what it looks like after is has been completed and mailed to my dear partner Becky de Vries-Wong (I am sorry if I get the spelling wrong). It is a tufted square pincushion on 36ct unevenweave linen and floss that I dyed my own.

I think I should put this picture too....should give the credit to my models for modelling with the quaker pincushion ........he he he


This is my #3 daughter and #2 son admiring mummy's work....LOL!

6 Comments:

Blogger cathymk said...

Leena, I love your exchange piece - the colours are lovely (not to mention the design) congratulations on finding beautiful harmony.

September 24, 2005 6:39 am  
Blogger Leena Salleh said...

Hi Cathy

Thank you for your kind words. I went to both of your blogsite and enjoyed your blogs. I will add you to my blog list if you do not mind.

Thanks for leaving your footprints in my blog :)
Hugs

September 24, 2005 9:28 am  
Blogger BeckySC said...

WOW, Leena, that is so beautiful!!! LUCKY recipient!! GREAT work :)

September 24, 2005 10:57 am  
Blogger Nicki said...

Wow Leena - that's a lovely pincushion. I love the colours and design and the way you've finished it. Love the models too!

September 26, 2005 6:19 am  
Blogger Leena Salleh said...

Hi Becky and Nicki

Thank you for your kind compliments. I enjoyed doing the cushion although I had a tough time managing those beads which at the same time fighting for it with my little girl...hehehehe

September 26, 2005 2:58 pm  
Blogger Danielle said...

Wow. Your pincushion is gorgeous!!! And your little models are cuties, too!!! :) Lucky Becky to receive this. This was only my first time around. I will have to sign up again, but I couldn't for the Fall one. Maybe the next one will be for Valentines Day again!

October 04, 2005 1:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home